APPLICANTS WHO ARE INUIT BENEFICIARIES UNDER A LAND CLAIMS AGREEMENT WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY HIRING.
WE ENCOURAGE APPLICANTS TO SELF-IDENTIFY.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Senior IT Systems Administrator is responsible for developing, updating and implementing plans for new and existing technologies, systems and applications. The Systems Administrator is an integral part of the ITK team, able to translate corporate needs into actionable plans for systems maintenance and growth, develop corporate IT policies, oversee annual and project budgets and make recommendations to senior leadership to advance ITK goals.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Drive the operations, management, administration, maintenance and support of the messaging and collaboration environment including Microsoft Teams and SharePoint (Sirluaq).
- Provide leadership and guidance in network design, systems management and technical support services
- Lead the planning, design, installation, maintenance and evaluation of systems, network and data communications systems and software
- Develop a positive user experience and work with management to determine and deliver on service objectives.
- Contribute to and review solution design to ensure innovation, that organizational requirements are met, and that proposed solutions match ITK’s goals
- Under the supervision of the Director, manage vendor relationships, negotiations on scope, effort, sizing and cost of new and continuing initiatives.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, databases, and during data transfer, perform network and security audits.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve performance and availability issues as they arise. Escalate incidents with vendors and suppliers as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Office 365, and collaboration tools such as SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience, as well as disaster recovery/business continuity experience
- Good understanding of ITK’s goals and objectives, internet infrastructure in Inuit Nunangat and data privacy practices and laws
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project management skills
- Strong cross-disciplinary communications skills, experience delivering presentations to senior management, experience developing IT policy,
3-5 years working in IT in a team environment
2 years managing vendors
Degree in computer science, information technology, computer engineering or a related discipline or any combination of education and expertise providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance in this role.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in ITK however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.