POSITION TITLE: Policy Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Policy Advancement
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
STARTING DATE: March 2020
WHERE TO APPLY: https://myitk.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=75
Under the direction and supervision of a Manager, the Policy Advisor co-ordinates the designated program activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities, time limitations, and funding conditions: formulates project and activity goals and objectives, and makes recommendations to the Manager. Exercises mostly independent judgement in the course of carrying out own coordination activities in relation to other activities in the department or other departments.
· Prepare proposals for Departmental projects and new initiatives;
· Prepare project plans;
· Lead project working groups;
· Participate in the development of departmental operational and project plans;
· Conducting feasibility studies.
· Conduct of research, internal consultation and external consultation with Inuit organizations as required;
· Design and conduct regional consultations and research projects, as required;
· Draft and produce business cases, reports, studies and other documents;
· Compile regular reports of program activities, as required;
· Identify and make recommendations on program budgetary and operational requirements by collecting, analysing, projecting and drafting program information;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Very good organization and analytical skills;
· Ability to understand and interpret policy, legislation and regulation
· Good knowledge and understanding of Inuit land claim agreements;
· Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance.
· Three to five years’ work experience performing project management, or highly responsible administrative office work related to the tasks assigned to this position
· Completion of Grade Twelve or equivalent.
Conditional to ITK’s Human Resources Policies, you may be eligible for:
· Group Insurance
· RRSP contributions
· Training allowance
· Health and wellness allowance
· Relocation allowance
· Vacation – starting out at 3 weeks/year
· Xmas break (usually between Xmas and New Year)
*Applicants who are a Beneficiary under a Land Claims Agreement will be given priority hiring. We encourage applicants to self-identify. We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in ITK however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application was submitted successfully.